Sunday, November 22, 2009

Tweezerman Brush - First Use

I delayed use of the Tweezerman for a day or two, and used it yesterday for the first time.

OK. A little background. I haven't used a shaving brush in nearly four decades - and never really learned how to use one to best advantage. And I know there are some great videos out there on YouTube and so forth. However, I just dove in and used the thing the best I could with no real background other than what I've read on a few forums and other sources.

I wet my face with hot water, and rubbed my now trusty cake of Williams directly on. I then wet the brush, worked the Williams in the bowl with it, and applied the result to my face. I did get a pretty good lather this way, but it didn't seem to last the way my previous (brushless) method did. I suspect that I need to work the soap longer for a better lather, and play around with just how wet the brush needs to be.

Stay tuned as I begin to get the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment