Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Shave of the Day - Nov. 24

Best shave yet with the Gillette Super Speed although my neck, especially the left side (I'm right handed) was bloodied. I wonder if the blade is getting dull. I went two passes - WTG then ATG, as I've been doing, with a rinse & re-lather in between. I'm learning more and more about what direction my beard grows - something I thought I always knew, but am now paying more attention to.

This was the second round with the brush, and I need to get some instruction on how the heck to get enough lather to last for a pass! It may be the Williams soap, as I've heard that it's not the most lathering soap out there, or it may simply be my technique - which is what I really suspect. This was the first time I didn't rub the cake directly on my face, and that may have had something to do with it too. Still, I'd like to get away from having to use that particular technique.

Guess I'll round up those YouTube videos on lathering with soap & brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment